Wednesday 8 September 2010

Still Windmills

Hi folks.

Let's start things off with some good news, I have just been made a guest blogger over at the Poster Roast site. It's going to be the start of a beautiful relationship with some exciting news and events to happen towards the end of the year but I'm to keep hush on those for the moment.

So if you pop over there now you can see a screen-print process for this Wolf Parade poster that I printed last week.

I'm pretty excited for this show, having already met Mr. Krug of Sunset Rubdown at their gig at the same venue last year. Oh and the fact that Wolf Parade are really good!

They'll be available on Friday 10th September from my Big Cartel shop.

A couple more posters to reveal and as you can see, I've done a lot of posters this Summer. Next up is Sky Larkin.

These Leeds based scamps are so much fun and this poster is based on a song called 'Still Windmills' from their latest album. The colours and style of the poster lend themselves to Jack Hudson's awesome design for their new album 'Kaleide'.

I was also recently asked to do a poster for The Acorn and Born Ruffians double headline show at The Brudenell (again).

This poster is based on a couple of jams by both bands; 'Hummingbird' by Born Ruffians and 'Flood' by The Acorn. I found it interesting to combine different themes and make a poster for two bands who have a very different sound and aesthetic.

Cheers for hanging out!

1 comment:

Sarah Reid said...

that sky larkin design is one of my favourites ever of yours! xxx