Tuesday 24 August 2010

Stars

Jello.

So in keeping with 'Disco Poster Week' (yep, couldn't come up with a better name) here is a poster for the LA band Warpaint.

The concept for this poster was mainly based around 'Stars' a song from the band's debut EP and after listening to (and really enjoying) I decided I wanted to capture the band's soft sound and naive / innocent songs.

From there I basically drew a lion as although they can be aggressive animals, they also have a soft side (have you ever seen Christian The Lion). So here is a little animation to show how Chris went from being a sketch, to being inked in, then coloured and textures added in Photoshop.

Warpaint Animation

Thanks again for stopping by and don't forget, its 'Disco Poster Week' all this week, so there'll be another poster here tomorrow. Isn't it exciting?

1 comment:

Emily Reid said...

I like this lots, the purpley colours on it and the font! I like the progression animation too it is goodd :) cool lion!