Friday 6 August 2010

Brainwashed

Good afternoon forks.

Every year in Leeds there is a mini-fest called Brainwash. It generally features tasty line ups and in the past has had Efterklang, Jaga Jazzist, Adem, Unsane and Olafur Arnalds (to name but a few) grace various stages in Leeds.

Every year is lots of fun, so I was especially chuffed to be asked to do the artwork for this, their fifth festival.

There will be posters and flyers up and about in Leeds pretty soon (and t-shirts at the fest) but the line up is looking right good thus far with Melt Banana, Dosh, Tweak Bird, Nitkowski and a wealth of local talent. Tickets are cheap and the cash goes to worthwhile local charities. Go chick it out!

In other news, last week I finally got to go to Spanky Van Dykes in Nottingham, which if you recall I designed some logos and typeface for earlier in the year.

So it was cool to see my typeface on menu's, flyers and totebags but it wasn't until we left the establishment that I noticed one of the designs in the window.

I can almost definitely say I've never had one of my design's put in neon lights before, so this was a lovely little surprise.

Also worth a quick mention that at Nottingham Contemporary, until October there's a quirky little exhibition by Gert and Uwe Tobias. These Romanian twin brother's deal with fables and folklore as inspiration for their huge woodcuts and paintings and their typewriter drawings have to be seen to be believed.

Anyways, that's their poster for the exhibition and I can strongly recommend it if you fancy being whisked off to their weird, mythical and slightly comical world.

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Peter said...

WANT T-SHIRT

i can't seem to buy one on seetickets, despite the wishes of the brainwash website.