Wednesday 10 March 2010

The Wave Ballet

Hello there

For the last few months I've been doing some work for Leeds based label Leaf. They're really cool dudes and have put out records by bands who I love including Efterklang, Caribou, A Hawk and A Hacksaw to name but a few.

This year they've turned 15 years old and to celebrate their progression through adolescence they will be staging events across the year featuring bands from their roster. Here is the identity I've created to mark the occasion. Its even up on the Camden Crawl website and everything.

More things will emerge around this project across the course of the year, so stay tuned for those. I've also just acquired an album called Eggs by Oh No Ono released by Leaf and its truly amazing. Like if Emerson, Lake and Palmer got high with The Beatles and Animal Collective. Yep.

Also, I recently completed a poster for 'folktronica' legends Tunng for their show in Brighton as part of their mini UK tour before they head out for Europe. And just before I sign out I thought I'd drop a little reminder for this Sunday's No Culture Icons exhibition at Nation of Shopkeepers in Leeds. My little 'something new and exciting' thing is coming together slowly but will involve this record. Plenty of more things to come in the next week or so. Crazy busy times are good times.

1 comment:

armyofcats.com said...

The Tunng poster is gorgeous! VG work Cam!